Saturday 22 December 2007

Friday

We arrived in Entebbe at 20:30 local time. That is 18:30 in Sweden, 19:30 in Turkey. 1,5 hour drive from Entebbe airport to Campala, thecapital. There was almost always something to "see" on the roadside, but the roads are not lit. So it was the black night and the black people. As we entered Campalathe road side was covered by the night market. The stands werelighted by candles and there were many many people out.
After we came home and settled, we were already exhausted.

1 comment:

irem said...

It's true! We were exhausted!

I think Irem was more exhausted then me though. She's kind of sleepy.

Its always amazing to land here in africa. Feels like a new world is here to greet you. Uganda for me is a county of contrasts. Extreme beauty (uganda:gifted by nature they say) and poverty is mixed; mixed in a way that it can become overwhelming.

To end my lifes first blog comment: I like Uganda! i like africa! i like Irem!

karl